jueves, 23 de junio de 2011

One more week!

Exactly one more week in Ecuador! Crazy!

This week has honestly been one of the longest, hardest weeks here. We learned four new tenses this week and a TON of vocabulary. I was so glad when class was over at noon today! Time for some rest from classes.

Today was really fun. In class we learned the parts of the body by teaching each other different dances, songs and yoga moves. I love the people in my basic class…they are so fun! And my teacher Patricia is incredible. She taught us to salsa today in class. She is thinking about coming to Taylor to teach. I think we would all love having her in the states.

After class ten of us went downtown for lunch. We wanted to go to an Italian restaurant called La Vina, but they were closed for Siesta. So, instead, we found this hole-in-the-wall place called Roma’s Best Pizza and Pasta. We had to walk far into the building to get to the restaurant. There were really weird paintings everywhere. After we sat down, the power went off and the owner had to move us to outdoor seating. Finally, we got our pizza and it was AMAZING!!! Homemade crust, perfect toppings, and cooked on a pizza stone. It was a great time of bonding for all of us.

Afterwards, a few of us stayed in town and walked around downtown. Now until Next Thursday in Cuenca is the festival Corpus Christi. Each afternoon and night, probably at least 50 venders set up tents filled with homemade sweets, chocolates, and pastries of all types on the streets of downtown Cuenca. At night, there is music, dancing, fireworks, and MORE TREATS! YUM!

After we walked around, Amanda and I went back to her house and watched Country Strong. In the evening, our class went back to the Corpus Christi Festival. There were fireworks literally right over our heads and all around us. Dance music was blaring in the streets, actors were performing skits, lanterns of all types were being lit and sent into the air (like Tangled!) and people were dancing everywhere. We Taylor students even danced a little bit (a totally cultural experience).

Tomorrow, Amanda, her sister and I will be going to the hot springs here in Cuenca. Also, tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday I will be studying a lot! I have a test everyday next week. Please pray that the tests will go well and I will do well on them. There’s so much to know and remember. Please pray that I can keep everything straight in my mind and not stress out too much. I know God brought me here for a reason. He has given me so many wonderful experiences already. I need to trust that He will see me through me last week here.

Also, on a side note, please pray about some job opportunities I might have. Please pray that God will lead me in the right direction. 

Thanks for praying! Love you all! See you in a week!

Meagan

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario